Seeking College Interns/Volunteers!
The Richard Nixon Presidential Library’s elite Docent Guild is looking for college interns. This internship is ideal for students in history, education, political science, American studies, and museum studies programs. Other majors are welcome as well.
Whether you are looking to earn hours toward an Internship or just get additional life/career experience, becoming a Docent Intern is a great way to learn about history and improve your presentation/public speaking skills.
About the Internship
Intern Docent duties may vary, but could include:
• Welcoming guests to the Library.
• Guiding guests through the Library’s museum galleries, formal gardens, Presidential Birthplace and Helicopter
• Assisting with kindergarten – 12th grade student education tours
• Assisting with Library special events.
Interns will have the ability to tailor volunteer shifts to their school schedules. The Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Birthplace is open seven days a week and most holidays.
Docents volunteer through four-hour shifts as follows:
• Monday through Saturday – 9:30am to 1:30pm or 1:00pm to 5:00pm
• Sundays – 10:30am to 2:00pm or 1:30pm to 5:00pm
To sign up for a student internship with the Docent Guild, please submit the form below.
If you have additional questions regarding the student internship Docent program, please contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org