Seeking high school and college interns!
The Richard Nixon Presidential Library’s elite Docent Guild is accepting high school and collegiate students to become Docent Interns. This internship is ideal for students interested in U.S. history, education, political science, and museum studies programs.
We focus on building confidence in public speaking and in interacting with people of all ages and backgrounds.
Whether you are looking to earn hours toward an Internship or just get additional life/career experience, becoming a Docent Intern is a great way to learn about history and improve your presentation/public speaking skills.
About the internship
Intern Docent duties include, but are not limited to:
- Welcoming guests to the Library.
- Guiding guests through the Library’s indoor galleries and explaining the history in the exhibits.
- Assisting with Library special events.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Possess the ability to pass a federal security background check.
- Commit to two 4-hour shifts a month.
- Ability to study and learn materials provided during training period.
Summer Application Period – April 1 – 20
Applications are only open at the beginning of April. Fill out the form below and attach your resume. A representative from our internship program will reach out.
Acceptance into orientation and training is NOT a guarantee of placement into Docent Intern program. Acceptance is contingent upon successful completion of training and sign-off.
- Attend one 90-minute in-person orientation.
- Complete 3-4 90-minute supervised training sessions.
Interns will have the ability to tailor volunteer shifts to their school schedules. The Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum is open seven days a week and most holidays.
Docents volunteer through four-hour shifts as follows:
- Monday through Sunday – 9:30am to 1:30pm or 1:00pm to 5:00pm
To request a student internship with the Docent Guild, please submit the form below. If you have additional questions regarding the student internship Docent program, please contact by email email@example.com